For John, BLUF: The MNDG will not be going to Chili's when it is my turn. Nothing to see here; just move along.
I have a couple of complaints with regard to Chili's. My wife says I am too picky, but I feel these are areas where they could do better.
- The lack of Iceberg Lettuce.
- First off, my physician says I should avoid dark leafy lettuce. That seems straightforward.
- Secondly, strange as it sounds, I LIKE Iceberg Lettuce and prefer it to that dark, bitter, stuff.
- Now they have stopped providing their version of Splenda as a sub for sugar.
- They are now only offering the pink stuff (Equal) and sugar (At least down in Burlington).
- While I always try to carry six Splendas with me when I am out, it just seems an act of disrespect toward the customer to drop a popular sweetener, especially without explanation.♠
♠ Maybe there is some sound scientific study that justifies this, but I am not up on all the latest medical research literature, nor should I have to be. The Chili's Management could talk to us.