The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Changing the Twenty


For John, BLUFIt just has to be someone who has passed on.  No honoring live people with building names or pictures on money.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



There has been some buzz about changing the person honored on the $20 bill, the Double Sawbuck, the Jackson, the Yuppie Food Stamp.

The person currently on the Twenty is President Andrew Jackson, responsible for the forced expulsion of Native Aamerican Indians from the US Southeast to the Praire States, in what became known as the Trail of Tears.  Involved were the Five Civilized Tribes:  the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee, and Seminole.  This was on President Jackson's watch.

Frankly, I like the idea, because, for one thing, it means we can do away with Jefferson-Jackson Day dinners.

I like the idea because we have kept the scope of our printed money limited in terms of honoring women.  There are any number worth honoring from the founding of the nation, including Abigail Adams for long term service and Molly Pitcher and Dolly Madison for specific events.  My Brother Lance sent me the URL for a campaign to replace President Andy Jackson, the hero of New Orleans.  It can be found here.  An interesting selection of women, including a couple I thought of, like Frances Perkins.  They even had Shirley Chisholm, who I supported in 1972.  And, my favorite, Susan B Anthony.

What I found appalling was that they included that racist, Margaret Sanger.  Replacing Andrew Jackson with Margaret Sanger just doesn't make sense.  We would be better off with Andy on the Twenty.

Regards  —  Cliff

  There are issues about the spelling of Ms Madison's first name.
  My dream ticket in 1972 was Senator Scoop Jackson for President and Representative Shirley Chisholm for Vice President.  I was to be very disappointed.

No comments: