The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, October 14, 2013

The New Boston Globe


For John, BLUFThey should be able to get the newspaper to the front door.



With the Red Sox doing well as the Season was drawing to a close I got a new subscription to The Boston Globe, so my wife could follow the team on the sports pages.  The fact that John Henry had recently purchased the paper only added to our enthusiasm.

However, I have found a glitch.  One would think that a paper in baseball mad Massachusetts, with John Henry as the owner, would have delivery personnel who could get it up on the porch, without having to leave the location of their car/bicycle.  Not in our case.  Most mornings I find it under the ferns that are infesting the hedge I am trying to foster.  Under the ferns that are at the sidewalk, which is up against the curb.

I think that we should be able to expect better from the New Boston Globe, but then I am an optimist.

Maybe not on the scale of Big Papi and his Grand Slam last evening, but still, I am looking for some quality here.

Regards  —  Cliff

  That was another thing I didn't realize when I proposed to my wife, back in '66, her mania for baseball.  All things considered, a fairly benign trait.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

My mother in law, now deceased, had the best line when told to leave her newspaper payment where she received her paper. You want me to leave it under the car, in the bushes or in the snow? How will you find it?

C R Krieger said...

I love it!

Thanks for sharing that.

Regards  —  Cliff

The New Englander said...

Funnily enough, I've been having all kinds of issues lately with my hard-copy WSJ subscription (I, too, am a dinosaur like that).

About a week+ ago, it abruptly stopped coming to the door. Some days it's downstairs in our building lobby, some days it's not anywhere...and then suddenly I'll get yesterday's AND today's in the lobby.

No apartment # on the bag anymore, but I know one of 'em is mine.

Could it be a sign that it's time to finally join the 21st century? I'm holding out...

C R Krieger said...

I still like reading the comics on paper.

Regards  —  Cliff

JoeS said...

It very much depends on the delivery person who probably is getting paid no more than a couple of cents for each delivery. For a long time we were getting the Globe delivery to our front steps during the early morning hours so that it was always readily available each morning before going off to do the daily duties. But in the last couple of weeks that has changed, the location is worse, but not so much so that it is a problem, but the timing is erratic - sometimes after 10 am, or not delivered at all. But today it was again on the steps, and there before 6 am. Has the original delivery person returned, or has the new one got the message!