The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Well Payed Mayor Proposal


For John, BLUFKendall wants to pay the mayor more.  Nothing to see here; just move along.

In the Saturday Chat, Publisher Emeritus Kendall Wallace calls for a Charter change, but not a radical one.  He is interested in direct election of a ceremonial mayor for our Fine City.  And a pay raise to $75,000 PA.  The pay increase actually makes sense in that we are expecting the person to devote a fair amount of his [or her] waking hours to doing things for the City.  Not managing anything, but going to ceremonies and attending subcommittee meetings and the like.  Mr Wallace even floated a proposal from some unnamed male City Council member to put on this November's ballot the question:

Who would you like to see the council select as mayor?
My question is, are we moving to a more papal approach, where the mayor could be anybody, but almost certainly will be one of the City CardinalsCouncilors?

Charter change?  I am not in favor of it, but of the various ideas I have heard floating about, this is one of the less offensive.  I believe we can count Mr Wallace in the corner of the Strong City Manager and Professional City Government crowd.

Regards  —  Cliff

  Remember, articles in The Sun go away after a while, to a different place.  I will not be updating their links unless I am bedridden and have read every book in the house.  And, besides, the Editor tells me the links cost money after a few weeks.  It is the new business model.

3 comments:

John McDonough said...

Kendal Makes a good point what is fair compensation for our elected officials?

Renee said...

Did Murphy pass on the stipend? Correct me if I'm wrong. I wiil try to search on that one.

Renee said...

OK not as councilor, but as mayor he did.