The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Culture of Service


For John, BLUFGood help attracts customers, but you knew that.

I have an "assignment", involving printing six reports, each about 50 pages.  On the way home from the Public Safety sub-committee meeting at 5:30 PM today in Council Chambers, I stopped by Staples (Stadium Plaza) and bought two reams of paper.  Good start.

Then, about 8:30 the toner gave out.  I pulled out the toner and took the cartridge down to Staples and bought a new cartridge, leaving the old one for recycling.  So far, so good.  When I got home I found out what I already knew, the Brother Laser Printer has a "carrier" for the cartridge and I had turned in the "carrier" as well as the toner cartridge itself.  At 5 minutes to 9, closing time, I called Staples and explained my plight and asked that they stay open until I got there.  It is only a short ways away, but more than a 5 minute drive.  They agreed and when I got there a couple of minutes after 9 they were ready to help me with what I needed.

I would like to thank in particular two young clerks, Kristen and Kimy Anny.  Both excellent representatives for their store and their chain.  And cheerful to boot.

Must be good managers.

Regards  —  Cliff

4 comments:

Neal said...

I am hopeful that you informed their manager as well as other Staples managers about their willingness and dedication to customer satisfaction.

C R Krieger said...

Handed the manager on duty a hard copy of the page about an hour ago.

But, a good recommendation.

Regards  —  Cliff

John McDonough said...

WOWZERS excellent service
John McDonough

Kimyanny said...

My manager handed me one of the hard copies that you have handed him, right after a customer was giving me a hard time. Thank you so much for blogging this :)
-Kimyanny