The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Monuments?

Columnist David Brooks, of The New York Times talks about Monuments and Leaders and Followers.  In doing so he managers to suggest that the OWS and Tea Parties are equivalent, which I flat out reject.  His point about Leaders and Followers is pretty good.

What I really agree with is his point about monuments.  Praising the Jefferson and Lincoln Monuments, he goes on to pan all the newer monuments, starting with the "Wall".  I like the Viet-nam Memorial, but agree the FDR and MLK Monuments don't do it for me.  FDR without his jaunty cigarette holder isn't FDR. It is just a monument to political correctness.  Jefferson had slaves and FDR smoked.

I think the MLK Memorial is another bad design.  I am sure no one cares what I think WRT this Monument, but I think it fails to tell a story.  I would probably have him at the East end of the Edmund Pettus Bridge, heading toward Montgomery.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: