The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Iran and Nuclear Weapons

I am not convinced by this analysis, but it is interesting.  The thrust of it is that since 1945 the acquisition of nuclear weapons have made nation-states more conservative in terms of their militarization of disputes.  Thus, it is likely that if Iran acquires nuclear weapons it will be more conservative.

I have my doubts that this analysis gives us a rule cast in iron.  On the other hand, I do believe that for Iran to move with just one or two nuclear weapons would be to invite wholesale destruction of Iran and its People and the dividing up of its territory amongst other nations.  (This is baring the return of the Twelfth Imam, the Mahdi.)

But, this is a topic that needs to be thought about.  I don't think I have yet heard from any Presidential Candidate who is able to articulate a nuanced position on this topic.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: