The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just In Time Medicine

This is one of the things I worry about with the way meeds are sold by drug stores:
OKAY, HELEN’S STILL ON HER RESERVE SUPPLY OF TIKOSYN, AND THE WALGREEN’S PHARMACIST HASN’T EVEN CALLED BACK AS PROMISED: You’d think that a business people rely on for drugs they need to live would be more reliable, wouldn’t you?

UPDATE: Reader Chris Link, M.D., writes: “For God’s sake, it’s for cardiac arrhythmia. No urgency there.” Yeah, what’s wrong with these people?
Helen is the wife of the Inspapundit, Glenn Reynolds.

I don't have any reserve supply for any of my meds.  Have you ever gone in and had them give you a partial supply, because they are expecting the rest tomorrow?  What if tomorrow is disrupted by a terrorist event or a hurricane that doesn't go were the weather guessers said it was going to go, or maybe just a huge train wreck (with your meds onboard)?

Regards  —  Cliff

2 comments:

Renee said...

Yes, but my prescription can abused. It's Provigil.

Anonymous said...

Medicare/Medical Insurers policy aside, I have yet to suffer any stress over running out of meds. I have two pipelines for my medications, Express Scripts, and CVS. Both are marvelously good at putting your meds on auto-refill. When I've used my last refill, simultaneous with picking up (or receiving it in the mail) I get a query as to whether I would like them to renew my prescription...and they take care of all the hassle with that. Even with meds that can be abused.

It works so well that I fear that some bureaucrat will stumble on the fact and press into effect some rule that destroys the efficiency of the current system.