The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

You May Be a Terrorist

This item from the Public Intelligence blog site, an Open Source Intelligence (OSINT, pronounced Oz Int) site, gives us an idea of what anti-terrorism forces are looking for as indicators of people who might be involved in terrorism.

My source is noted:  "I recently had to update my anti-terrorism/force protection certification (to travel overseas) and noticed that a few of these "indicators" are also "recommended" force protection measures."

I would think that a number of you out there should be turning yourselves in to our Chief of Police as possible terrorist suspects.  Especially some of you over at the Dick Howe blog, with all those photographs.

Regards  —  Cliff

5 comments:

Dan Murphy said...

HaHaHa! Thanks for the post, Cliff.

Apparently, my uncle, who's retired Air Force (Korea and two tours in Vietnam doing helicopter rescue), is a terrorist:

1. he pays in cash
2. uses a prepaid cell phone
3. travels overseas
4. shops at Walmart

And I must be too, because I'm looking for a new truck/van...

C R Krieger said...

Dan Murphy

"...doing helicopter rescue" marks your Uncle as a special person.

Thanks and thanks to your Uncle.

Regards  —  Cliff

Craig H said...

I like to pay in cash. I visit my storage facility at unusual times. I have both Chemistry and Biology textbooks. I have photographs of well-known locations. I have purchased a GPS unit. I have receipts from several hotels. I like to take photographs. I wear winter clothing. I have interest in dams and national landmarks. I wear scarves, hooded sweatshirts and heavy coats. I have traveled overseas lately. I have refused maid service at a hotel. I have used a phone in the lobby of a hotel. I have left a briefcase or bag somewhere. I have worn clothing inconsistent with the weather. I have provided a vague explanation for an injury. I have asked security personnel for directions. I have parked a rental vehicle in an unusual location. I have used excessive postage on a package. (I will not admit to mispellings). I have sent mail without a return address. I have attended public demonstrations. I have requested an unusual work schedule. I have stored batteries in the glove compartment of my vehicle. I have made a check out to cash. I have purchased large-diameter PVC pipe. I have refused change from a financial transaction. I have purchased preventative medicine. I have taken a photograph of a courthouse. I am overly concerned about privacy. I am an employee working irregular hours. I am unwilling to explain my financial activity. I have driven to Walmart. I have taken a photograph in a location where there are no tourists.

I'm waiting for the knock on the door.

C R Krieger said...

Kad

It's OK, I have you covered for bad spelling.

The greatest invention of the 20th Century was not the airplane, which was a close second, but spell check.

Regards  —  Cliff

Craig H said...

Unfortunately, spell check, like four wheel drive, only enables you to get stuck that much further from where you ought to be. Homonyms are just the tip of that iceberg. It's also frustrating to have to live with that little red squiggly underline on words that you know are spelled correctly, but are not in the spellcheckers dictionary. And then there are all those gray areas... (For example, "Spellcheckers" is acceptable to Google, though "spellcheck" is not).

I vote electronic instrument tuners.