The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

If You Want a Friend in DC...

... get a dog. (Harry S Truman)

I have things I should be doing, but some things are too delicious to pass up, like this link from Law Professor Ann Althouse, to this article in the Financial Times (Westminster Edition).  Writing about the visit of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown DC, the article has this to say:
Naturally the election came up in conversation.  Trying to be even-handed and polite, the Brits said something diplomatic about McCain’s campaign, expecting Bush to express some warm words of support for the Republican candidate.

Not a chance.  “I probably won’t even vote for the guy,” Bush told the group, according to two people present.“  I had to endorse him.  But I’d have endorsed Obama if they’d asked me.”
There are additional embedded links if you go to the FT site via the link.

You can never tell, can you?

   All those Democrats, voting with Bush in 2008.

      You wonder how many now wish they had voted for McCain?

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: