The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

AGW

New Scientist (hat tip to Instapundit) has a short interview with aircraft (and spacecraft) designer Burt Routan.  It can be found here.

The interview is fairly thin, but it does report what Mr Burt Routan, a fairly intelligent person, think about global warming:
I whip out my list of questions, but before I get to the first, Rutan blindsides me.  "Which magazine are you from again?"  I tell him. "OK, well, I won't talk to Scientific American," he says, "They improperly covered man-made global warming. They drink Kool-Aid instead of doing research.  They parrot stuff from the IPCC and Al Gore." I'm taken aback but curiosity gets the better of me so I ask him what he means.  For the next 30 minutes he launches into an impassioned diatribe. He believes claims of catastrophic global warming are nothing but scare-mongering and are a product of "the greatest scientific fraud ever".  At first I think this is some sort of joke but he's totally serious and at times gets quite angry.
In the mean time, over at ¡No Pasarán! we have this simple question:
I’m Just Wondering
posted by Joe @ 06:51
Is Al Gore in Town?
The link is to a Danish English Language newspaper.

The headline is "The thermometer dropped to minus 18 in Central Jutland."  That isn't really that cold.  Remember, it is the Celsius scale.  For real people that is just minus zero decimal four (-0.4).


Regards  —  Cliff

  Winner of the "Ansari X Prize" for designing and demonstrating a civilian vehicle that could get the weight of three passengers to 100 kilometers, twice in two weeks.

1 comment:

lance.krieger said...

Osama doesn't agree with Rutan. But I am sure they are both qualified to speak on the matter.