The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Working With People

I have hijacked this from Julie Davis of Happy Catholic.  You might say to yourself, "I don't care about any of that Catholic/religious stuff," but the general theme of the quote is good for all of us and I don't think I have seen it said this well elsewhere.  You can just delete "Gospel" and put in Democrat or Trash Collectors or whatever you like.

This is a quote from St Augustine of Hippo (354-430), describing his daily life.
The turbulent have to be corrected, the faint-hearted cheered up, the weak supported; the Gospel's opponents need to be refuted, its insidious enemies guarded against; the unlearned need to be taught, the indolent stirred up, the argumentative checked; the proud must be put in their place, the desperate set on their feet, those engaged in quarrels reconciled; the needy have to be helped, the oppressed to be liberated, the good to be encouraged, the bad to be tolerated; all must be loved.
This is daily life.  My oldest son, who is a manager with a defense contractor down in DC, and I were talking about managing people this evening and I read this quote to him, because I think it talks to being a manager, but it really talks to the responsibilities we all have toward our fellow man and fellow woman.

Regards  --  Cliff

UPDATE  I had a typo I fixed. Probably more than one, but only one I found.

No comments: