The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The "Fairness" Doctrine?

Is the so called Fairness Doctrine really going to make a comeback? After all these years, and a US Supreme Court Decision?

Apparently Reporter Bill Press thinks it might and has enlisted Senator Tom Harkin, Democrat from Iowa.

This is reported by Michael Calderone of the Politico Blogsite.

I wonder, if it passes (which I am doubting), if WCAP will be forced to bring back Dr Michael Savage?

I wonder, if it passes (which I am doubting), if it will be broadened to include Web sites and Blog sites?

I wonder, if it passes (which I am doubting), how those whose views are no longer represented will again present those views, or if we will become like Canada, with all those extra judicial tribunals dealing with those whose thought it not politically correct? (The key to this will be to see if Mr Mark Steyn abandons New England (and the United States), his refuge from Canada, for other nation.)

Just Wondering  --  Cliff

1 comment:

Craig H said...

The way I see it, the "Fairness Doctrine", like the "Patriot Act" has nothing to do with either. It'd be nice to think that it, like McCarthy on the other extreme, is long gone.