The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Weather

The Company I work for, from time to time, is spread out across the country. The Contract I have been working on, which ended yesterday, is also a distributed effort, with people in Orlando, Florida, and also just north of Clearwater, but also Radcliff, KY and Andover (that would be me). Yesterday was our target for delivering our final report. The data was on a computer in Orlando, to be printed and burned to CDs in Andover and to be delivered to our customer at Fort Knox by our person in Radcliff, KY.

We did all that and shipped overnight on Thursday. But, there was no delivery, due to weather. I had a Cell Phone conversation with the team member in Kentucky yesterday after lunch. He told me that Fort Knox was closed for the third straight day yesterday, due to lack of power. My associate told me that it was going to be a week to ten days before everyone gets their power back.

In the meantime, another storm is on the way toward Kentucky, arriving on Monday AM. Then it heads up to visit us.

My associate/friend in Kentucky, and his wife, are going to spend the weekend with their daughter in Cincinnati. Sometimes it is useful to have relatives close, but not so close they are in the same disaster area.

Regards -- Cliff

No comments: