The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snow Storm

Where is my snow storm? It was supposed to start at 1800 this evening. It seems to me a lot of people thought about the up to 10 inches that were expected overnight. I would say the number of people at the 4 PM Mass at the Immaculate Conception Parish was at least double the number that usually shows up for that Mass. Before Mass Father Sanella asked, from the Altar, if there would be anybody here tomorrow.

But, there still isn't any snow. At this point the snow line is still out at Pittsfield. Twenty years ago the joke amongst aviators was that the way to tell the weatherman was lying was to watch his or her lips. If they were moving, the weatherman was lying.

I was thinking to myself late this afternoon that those days had passed and weather reports were much more accurate. They are, but it is still not an exact science. I figure that weather forecasting is in contrast to forecasting global warming climate change, which we know to be very accurate.

I am hoping that the snow is not heavy and that we don't have the problems we had earlier in the week especially since my snow blower is still at the repair shop, two days overdue.

Regards  --  Cliff

No comments: